Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Michael Vick Finds Jesus

(originally posted by Cricket on the blog "Corvidae" on 8/27/07)

Michael Vick, today you officially admitted your guilt and attributed it to "immaturity". Listen, Michael, "immaturity" is launching spit balls - not murdering pit bulls. What you did can be chalked up to an evil nature. But, I guess you've got that covered now, since you've "found Jesus" and turned your life over to God and "aksed" forgiveness. Now you can be clothed in His righteousness - right?

One can only hope and pray that you truly will turn your life around - it's too late for those dogs that you tortured to death - but I believe they are in a better, kinder place.

Now that you have invited the Lord into your heart I suppose you'll be reading The Good Book. Here's a good verse for you to meditate on: "A righteous man regards the life of his animal." (Proverbs 12:10)

I do believe in forgiveness and redemption - and I do believe that God can dramatically change people's lives - so I hope you are sincere and I do wish you the best in your new life in Christ. Once you have served your time, and I hope you do get a sentence that sends a loud message, I believe you should be allowed a fresh start. Your past actions have at least increased awareness of the horrors of dog fighting - now, I think that rather than continuing to crucify you, our energies are best spent educating the public, hopefully bringing this brutal practice to an end once and for all.

Posted by cricket at 2:16 PM 8 comments Links to this post

Labels: Jesus, Michael Vick, pit bulls

No comments: