Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sparrow Over Water

A sparrow over water
A soul that finds no rest
Searching for new meaning
While remembering I am blessed

Blessed to be a mother
Perhaps that's all I'll be
Maybe time has closed the door
To what I thought was me

An author and musician
Changing lives with pen and song
Someone who'd make a difference
Perhaps my dreams were wrong

But then I gaze upon my sons
And husband, who's a friend
And tearfully I realize that
I'm not at my end

This sparrow will keep on soaring
With wings that will protect
The family my God gave me
They are my best gift yet

My soul will find its gladness
Helping boys become great men
I'll write when spirit leads me
And make music now and then

But in the end, I'm finding out,
It isn't about me
There is something so much bigger
and acceptance sets me free

Free to be just mother
And, too, a loving wife
For what could be a greater job
A more important life

1 comment:

Bagheera said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL poem, Cricket! You are so talented & you convey your innermost thoughts and your soul here so well. I believe you have found your niche in life and everything will fall into place now. I'm pleased to know you're happy - you deserve it!